Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Darling Bees!
It is cold/flu/football/band practice/parent teacher conference season :)
Why not make it easy on yourself in case you happen to succumb to any of those situations (hee hee!) and take time THIS WEEK to make a few freezer meals?
How about a SUPER easy batch of bean burritos? (seriously, if you eat bean burritos AT ALL, make these. They are BEYOND easy and, apparently, as nummy as Taco Bell according to Peekiebee).
Perhaps some mac and cheese with ham thrown in?
What about a nice homemade batch of chicken noodle soup in case the flu bug bites? (In the past 4 days, I have found out that THREE of my friends have it!)
It's almost payday. Make a list of pantry ingredients, a few fridge items, and get a little food insurance going in case you get busy :) That way you will not feel guilty, rushed, forced to cook when you are sick, or spend more money than you mean to by ordering pizza for the record breaking third night in a row (NOT that I mind that myself :D).
Love, QB

1 comment:

  1. Good advice!

    I just mixed up a big batch of stir fry beef for several meals. I thinly slice the meat, mix the marinade and pour over and then separate the batches immediately into small freezer containers. The meat will marinate as it thaws. My stir fry marinade recipes have fresh garlic and ginger for boosting the immune system.

    ReplyDelete