Saturday, September 10, 2011

German Cabbage Rolls

Another guest post from my aunt Micki (I told you she was gracious to send me recipes!). This is getting in touch with our German heritage--Kohlrouladen.

Cabbage Rolls by Mick Millershaski
Brown 1 1/2 - 2# burger in chopped onion, pepper and garlic.
Cook 1-2 c white rice (DO NOT USE INSTANT!)
Mix together and add to taste: Soy Sauce, worchestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic, chopped (diced) pepper
Boil cabbage leaves, wrap in burger mix. Pour 1 can tomato juice on top and cook uncovered for 1 hr at 350.
The mix is great without the cabbage, freezes well. If you are feeling lazy and don't want to make into "rolls" just cut cabbage into chunks and put on side of pan

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful. My husband loves cabbage so I may have to try this. I often make a Turkish cabbage au gratin casserole and I usually make 2 and freeze one for later.

    ReplyDelete